Sally Geeson Celebrates 50 Years of Bless This House

There's no better way to celebrate fifty years of a beloved television comedy than with words from someone who was a vital part of that show's success. Although Bless This House was created as a vehicle for the mighty Sid James, the cast who were chosen to play the other members of the Abbott family were equally as integral to the show's huge popularity. 


Along with Diana Coupland as mum Jean and Robin Stewart as brother Mike, Sally Geeson won a place in the hearts of the nation as Sally, the youngest member of the family. Fifty years on from the broadcast of the very first episode of Bless This House (Feb 2 1971), Sally has kindly written these words in tribute to the show that changed her life and the dear friends she made in the process.  

Sally Geeson Remembers Bless This House

Every single day working on this successful six year series was a complete joy. Playing Sid and Diana's daughter and Robin Stewart's sister holds wonderful memories for me. 

Sid was always so great, I felt very proud to work alongside this great actor and the loveliest of men. Diana Coupland so warm, friendly, brilliant and beautiful. Robin Stewart so fun, talented, supportive and basically like a real brother to me. I really do miss Sid, Diana, Robin and the entire Bless This House team at what was the amazing Thames Television Studios.


When William G Stewart (Bill) cast me in the part it really was a major turning point in my life. For several years Bill and I also became a couple and we had our beautiful children.

Bless This House really did give me so much to be grateful for.

With love

Sally Geeson x





I would dearly like to thank Sally for taking the time to share some of her memories of Bless This House. Sally is a great support to Sid's Place which I appreciate enormously and, on a personal level, I am eternally grateful for her friendship. 

Comments

Popular Posts