Sid James - A Cat with Connections

As a huge Sid James fan, I love it when I come across a little bit of Sid goodness that is new to me. A Cat with Connections is something I have neither seen or heard of before. It truly is amazing what treasure lies within the vast catalogue of YouTube.



I have to admit I really do not know too much about this wonderful little curio. The BFI website lists the year of production as 1975. The EFVA displayed in the title card is the Educational Foundation for Visual Aids. They produced a number of similar short documentaries throughout the sixties and seventies, on subjects as diverse as the reproductive system, insects and Charles Dickens. Now there is a screenplay waiting to be written!



A Cat with Connections takes a look at the history of our feline friends through the eyes of Sid's cat, which he endearingly calls Moggy. Sid sits happily in front of the fireplace with Moggy and lends his wonderful voice to reading short excerpts from famous literature featuring cats. Reassuringly, the short film finishes with a famous Sid laugh.

You can watch A Cat with Connections in full below.

  

Comments

Popular Posts